Monday, July 21, 2008

Wk 3

Right, so here we are with week 3. Glad to say I'm not dead yet, but I sure hope that this will be easier than last week. Last week's lesson on RSS feeds - not so happy with it. It was loooonnngggg.....plus if you are not familiar with any of it, also very confusing.

The slow computer connection did not help at all. The the most frustating bit was that the work computers blocked most of the sites, even if you were on the Learn.net. So I have no idea how they expect us to do this at work, if the work computers aren't even cooperating.

Here I go again, trying to do this at home. Hope it's good.

So this week, we are going to be playing around with image generators. Its supposed to be fun, but at the moment, I'm so pressed for time, I don't have time to play around.

The one I'm looking at is the Star Wars Crawl (gee....I wonder why?!!).

Except that when I clicked on it, I found out that the site was shut down. Back to square one.

Instead I clicked on the Magnigraph link where I can " create your own vector images in black, white, red or blue". So I did. Got a picture of my fellow jedis and stuck in, it worked after about 3 tries! Hey, at least it worked!

So there you are. You can see my very red magnigraph. Well...its late and its cold. I've been at this for more than an hour now. The computer is so slow. I'll try to pick this up again tomorrow.

No comments: