Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Left Overs

No, I'm not talking about food...I'm talking about bits and pieces that I thought I've done, but apparently not.

OK…so, on to the last bit of week 3’s lesson. I haven’t done it yet and don’t really know what it’s about. No wait…I did do it quickly early last week. But heck…that was a week ago and I got really sick that week. In fact, I had to take Friday and Saturday off, and I already had Wednesday and Thursday off already as they were my normal days off. So basically, all that week, I was high on meds and vitamin C. Let me have a look at my drawer and see if I wrote any of the passwords down. Yep…got it. So, let’s have a look at what I did. I’m just going to log on, and see…ok, yep yep. Apparently, I had actually done it already, but I hadn’t blogged about it. It was pretty easy to set up. I did 2 book searchrolls by mistake…so I had to name one of them Books and the other My Books. Oh well. But then…I read that I had to link my searchroll to my blog. But where were the instructions…well lookee here. It’s under the instructions called “optional”, now, I don’t know about you, but to me, optional means, you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to. Over here, it means that you have to do it. Why? Why I ask you??! .

so, let me read the instructions and have a go at it. OMG, the instructions are so confusing. I guess it’s because they have to have a generic instruction for everyone and everyone’s bloggs (hey is the plural of blog “bloggs” or is it “blogs”?). Anyway, some of the words were different and at one point, I got lost with the adding the page element, luckily someone pointed it out to me, so I was able to head off again in the right direction. And yes, once there, I was able to follow the instructions and added the code. Viola! The rollyo searchroll turned up in my blog!! (see, look, its at the right hand side of the post that you're reading now!) Yippeeee!! I’m so happy!! He he he!! Ok, smug time over. I better log off and go back to work!

No comments: