Monday, September 15, 2008

Podcast

This was quite good too. I had a quick look at it and one of the podcast sites that I found was one called "Books on the night stand" http://www.booksonthenightstand.com/. This was fascinating because they would have a topic and then everyone can respond to it. One of their recent topics was non fiction books, and I quote "Today, it's all true, as we look at several works of nonfiction that are so good, we recommend them to people who normally read fiction." One of the non-fiction books that I liked was Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt, it was one of those tear-jerkers, but it was worth it. I would definately have a look at this website/podcasts that they have from now on!

1 comment:

Ann Kingman said...

Wow, thanks so much for finding our podcast and saying such nice things about it! Angela's Ashes is one of my all-time favorite books, and may be one of those books that showed me the appeal of nonfiction beyond the dry textbooks I had to read in school.

Thanks again for your great post! I hope you continue to listen.

Ann
Books on the Nightstand