Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wiki

This week's discover excercise asked us to look at the different wikis available and to blog about it. The first wiki I went to was the SJCPL Subject guides, which was created by St. Joseph County Public Library system. I had a look at the Homework section, cause I thought that this might be useful for the library. The first thing I looked at, which was the Biographies didn't work (access denied by the library), so instead, I had a look at Any-day-in-history and put in my birthday and found out all the names of famous people born on that day (didn't look at the people who died that day, that's too macabre). I think a wiki site like this one would work well with the library, as this kind of thing would be useful for homework.

Now, on to the next step, onto the “explore-and-play-with-wikis” exercise. So I went to Manukau Libraries Wiki and added my fav to fav books. This is what I wrote:

Young Padawan: There are too many good books out there to name my favourite, but the most recent book that made an impact on me was Homeboyz by Alan Lawrence Sitomer. It was a powerful read and I highly recommend it.

No comments: