Monday, August 4, 2008

Montagr

I had a look at some of the Flickr mashups and 3rd party tools that other people have created. Some of them were funny, some of them were creative, but the one that I liked the best was the Montagr. This tool lets you create a picture, made up of smaller pictures. I'm sure you've seen some of them in shops before. It would be a big picture, framed, say of a mountain. Then when you look closer, you realise that each 'pixel' is actually made up of other pictures of the same subject. So each of the little pixels is made up of other different pictures of a mountain. Cool huh?

So I searched for 'snow' in montagr and saw this picture of a mother and toddler staring outside the window, gazing at the snow. And each pixel is made up of other shots of snow and mountain. It looked really awesome. I might make one up someday, if I end up taking enough pictures of a certain subject. I reckon it'll be fun. Plus, when you print it out, it will look very impressive!

No comments: